Skip to content

Marriage in Denmark

This page contains information about marriage in Denmark

To get married in Denmark or abroad, you need to fill in a notice of marriage (ægteskabserklæring) and have it approved. The earliest you can apply is four months before you wish to get married. 

Marriage applications are handled either by the Agency of Family Law or the municipalities in Denmark. Where you can apply depends on yours and your partner's nationalities and residence status in Denmark.  

For further information, please see: