Please note that you need to make an appointment before you can show up at your nearest possible place of issue. An appointment must be made for each adult.
Processing time for adult passports is approximately 4 weeks, and 5 weeks during peak periods.
Please see the bottom of the page for required documents to be submitted.
Consulate General in New York
For the Consulate General in New York please make an appointment online to apply for a new passport.
Consulate General in Chicago
For the Consulate General in Chicago please make an appointment online to apply for a new passport.
Consulate in San Francisco/Sacramento
For the Consulate in Sacramento (formerly San Francisco) please make your appointment online to apply for a new passport.
Documents to be submitted:
- ONE APPLICATION FORM PER PERSON, completed and signed.
- YOUR CURRENT PASSPORT. The Passport Office does not need to keep your passport while your application is being processed, you may use it for travel until your new passport arrives.
- PERMANENT REGISTRATION CARD OR VALID VISA/I-94 ONLINE REGISTRATION OR US CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION if you became a US citizen after September 1, 2015.
- ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF DANISH NATIONALITY, if born outside of Denmark or if reacquired Danish citizenship after September 1, 2015.
- FEE. Cash or Money Order ONLY.
- NO PHOTO REQUIRED as biometrics will be recorded.
If you cannot pick-up your passport, the passport will be sent to your home or business address - at your own risk - via Federal Express. In this case an additional fee will be charged in either cash or money order.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN EMERGENCY PASSPORT OR AN EXTENSION OF OLD PASSPORT you may also contact the Danish Embassy, the Danish Consulate General in New York or Chicago or an Honorary Consulate:
The Embassy in Washington
The Consulate General in New York
The Consulate General in Chicago
Honorary Consulates on the East Coast
Honorary Consulates on the West Coast
Honorary Consulates in the Midwest