Skip to content

Danes travelling to the US

This page contains information for Danes travelling to the US, including registration on the List of Danes Abroad.

Travel to the United States
For information regarding travel to the United States, please see the website of the Embassy of the United States in Copenhagen:

If you are travelling to the US for tourism and/or business you might not need a visa due to the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). Instead you have to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA): an online application system that tells you if you need a visa or if you can travel under the Visa Waiver Program.

Please note that new rules related to ESTA travel starting on January 21, 2016: Persons who have travelled to Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria since March 1, 2011, and persons who hold dual citizenship in one of countries are not eligible to travel under the Visa Waiver Program, with certain exceptions. Such travelers must contact the U.S. Embassy in order to apply for a visa. Please see information on the website of the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen:
Read more on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website:

Regarding the executive order of January 27, 2017:

(UPDATED: January 31, 2017)

Please see the U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen's website regarding President Trump’s Executive Order: