The US produces 21% of the world's industrial output, which makes it the largest manufacturer with a value of $1.7 trillion and 17 million employed. The market holds solid market opportunities for Danish producers of quality and well-differentiated products as the entry barriers are low.
In the US, decision making processes are short due to the lack of industrial trade barriers, making it easier to penetrate this market for example compared to any of the BRIC countries. Our strategic location in Atlanta is one of the hubs for the industry and 40% of production and distribution companies in North America are located within a radius of 800 km.
Examples of previous and current clients include a company working with CNC precision machining of aluminum parts, and manufacturers of degreasers for metal processing industries and filter systems. Among other things, we want to provide the companies with an in-depth understanding of the market and help them with the establishment of sales channels.
When entering or expanding into a new market such as the US, many details must be taken into consideration to minimize risk and maximize ROI. The Trade Council in Atlanta provides a wide range of services covering most aspects of entering or expanding in the US market.
A brief list of examples covering a few commonly requested services:
- Ensuring technical approvals are in place and compliant with US regulations
- Benchmarking of the company’s existing Marketing Mix towards US clients
- Analysis of segments, industries, sub-sectors and market conditions
- Develop Go-To-Market or market expansion plans
- Fact Finding Tours for a group of companies
- Partner search and establishment of sales channels, i.e. distributors, agents, and subsidiaries
- Development and operational execution of sales strategies
- Search & Selection of staff engaged in technical sales, service, marketing and back office support
- Incubator service, i.e. hosting subsidiaries virtually and physically – rent an office
- Identification and negotiations of production facilities
In addition, we often tailor projects to the specific needs of a given Danish company.