Welcome to the Danish Consulate in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Consulate is located in downtown Minneapolis and is open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with after-hour cell phone service at any time. We serve Danish citizens in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota, as well as the Danish-American community and those with an interest in Denmark. The Consulate also serves as a resource for Danish companies seeking opportunities in the Midwest and for American companies seeking opportunities in Denmark.
About Minneapolis, Minnesota and, with Saint Paul, the Twin Cities
Minneapolis, where the Consulate for Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota is located, is the largest city in Minnesota and part of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis-Saint Paul. Minneapolis, which is somewhat younger and has a more modern skyline than Saint Paul, was influenced by its early – and still influential – Scandinavian and Lutheran heritage. Sister city St. Paul, which was influenced by its early French, Irish and German Catholic roots, is Minnesota’s capital city, known for its quaint neighborhoods and well preserved late-Victorian architecture.
According to the census of 2000, Minnesota has the third largest Danish American population of the 50 states, following California and Utah, with 88,924 Minnesota residents of Danish or Danish American heritage. The Minneapolis/Saint Paul metropolitan area has over 2.85 million residents.
Sites of interest include:
• The Danish American Center, 3030 West River Parkway S., Mpls., MN 55406. www.dac.mn
• Ingebretsen’s Scandinavian Gifts, 1601 East Lake Street, Mpls., MN 55407. www.ingebretsens.com
• Swedish-American Institute, 2600 Park Avenue S., Mpls., MN 55407. www.asimn.org
• The Bachelor Farmer, 50 North 2nd Avenue, Mpls., MN 55401. www.thebachelorfarmer.com
• Minneapolis Institute of Arts, 2400 3rd Avenue S., Mpls., MN 55404. www.artsmia.org
• Mall of America, 60 East Broadway, Bloomington, MN 55425. www.mallofamerica.com
• Gutherie Theater, 818 South 2nd Street, Mpls., MN 55415. www.guthrietheater.org
• Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. www.dnr.state.mn.us
• Lutsen Ski Resort. www.lutsenresort.com
Ms. Rikke Dierssen-Morice, Honorary Consul